All about the Philippines: Stories, Songs, Crafts and Games for Kids
All About the Philippines takes you on an incredible journey across the colorful island nation of the Philippines with Mary, Jaime and Ari three Filipino cousins who look totally different and yet are the best of friends. You'll visit their homes, their schools, their families, their favorite places, and much more. They'll show you how kids in different parts of the Philippines come from many different ethnic groups and have very different cultures each with its own traditions, languages and beliefs and yet, they are all 100% Filipino
This children's book, aimed at kids ages 8 to 12, brings them on an exciting trip though some of the most fascinating islands on earth.
- Join Mary, Jaime and Ari to see the how earthquakes, typhoons and other natural events can be scary and yet also make the islands beautiful and full of life.
- Check out Filipino games, and make your own sipa the Philippines's version of a hacky-sack.
- Experience the festivals and foods of various different cultures found in the Philippines, and try a few easy recipes.
- Make a parol a Filipino holiday decoration that you can enjoy all year long.
- Learn about the conquistadors and traders who came to these islands many centuries ago.
- Learn how peoples who speak very different languages can communicate easily when they meet.
- And a lot more
Along with fun facts, you'll learn about the spirit of the Philippines that make this country and its people totally unique. This is a book for families or classrooms to enjoy together."